Lodge at Santa Fe News Media CoverageWe love that others are spreading the word about what we have to offer at our New Mexico hotels and resorts and we want to share their insights with you.
For the latest updates on what’s new, connect with us on:
Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Blog, Pinterest, Google Plus
News About Santa Fe & Our LodgeCarrying the torch with a light heart: La Emi at María Benítez Cabaret
The torch is being passed this summer at the María Benítez Cabaret at the Lodge at Santa Fe. La Emi, the stage name for Emmy Grimm, is headlining there for the first time. Starting at age four, Grimm became one of local legend María Benítez’s most talented young protéges. Beginning in 1970, Benítez taught generations of bright-eyed Santa Fe girls and boys to dance, though onstage she often embodied the darkest and most adult emotions of flamenco. The tragic siguiriya, her favorite dance, was often performed to lyrics about death and persecution.
Read the full story here.
La Emi headlines season at venue where she made her debut
Grimm will headline a 39-show season inside the Benitez Cabaret at the Lodge at Santa Fe.
And yes, the nerves are still there.
“It’s incredible to have this opportunity,” Grimm says in a recent interview. “I never dreamed that I would be headlining on the same stage that I got my start. There are so many emotions. All these years later, I’m still nervous each time I take the stage.”
Grimm is known as La Emi.
The season opens tonight in Santa Fe, and Grimm is looking forward to elevating her performances during the run.
Click here to read full story.
- Santa Fe Reporter: 3 Questions with La Emi
- PRWeb: Introducing La Emi –– Flamenco's Rising Star in New Mexico
- Washington Times: Flamenco shows mark personal moment for young dancer
- Pop Sugar: Beat the Heat and Check Out the Coolest Summer Travel Destinations in the US
- Only in Your State: The New Mexico City That Was Just Named One Of The Best Places To Visit In 2018
- Shermans Travel: Luxury for Less: Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Smart Meetings: New Mexico: State of Stunning Contrasts
- SF New Mexican: La Emi Fans Flames of Flamenco in Northern New Mexico
- Edmond Sun: Heritage Hotels Offer Old World Charm and Modern Conveniences
- Wisconsin Gazette: Santa Fe Designer Wedded to Gay Bridal Boutique
- Orbitz: 10 Best Girls’ Getaways
- Trekaroo: Top Five Things to do Near Santa Fe with Kids
- Oklahoma Magazine: Natural Beauty in New Mexico
- Albuquerque Journal: Event Raises $10,000 to Keep City Beautiful
- The San Diego Union - Tribune: Ski Arizona's Snowbowl and lodging's free